Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 440 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there

When I decided to buy the Probook 440 G6 I didn't think to get into this Odyssee... First happy about my purchase, I quickly got irritated by the loud fan noises, even at very low CPU workload. In my opionion, this is a clear no-go for a laptop in this price segment. I then downloaded all available updates (including BIOS, which I learned about in other threads) and played around with the Energy settings , still it didn't help. I then went to the store to exchange the notebook for a second one and couldn't belive to face the same Problems. I tried the measures I just mentioned all over again. Today it's already the third (!) notebook that I test and yet again, the fan is constantly noisy and at high pace.

Before I return this ultimate laptop to the store and claim my money back I just want to know: Am I the only one? Do others face the same issues with this laptop model (or just don't care as much as I do about the noise) ?
And @HP: Are you aware of the problem and is there any chance, that it will be resolved in the near future via an update?

Sorry about my offensive thread, but I am really fed up with this.

Cheers, Nico

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

I have the same issue on three brand new Probook 440 G6 laptops.

HP Recommended

SAME HERE. After 3 laptop same model, install, réinstall, update.....the fan is still noisy.

HP Recommended

Bang the head of HP technical team with the same laptop,

than only they will consider this as a manufacturing defect... 

HP Recommended

Same here... Could somebody from HP comment on this thread so I know, if I should keep or return the laptop... Thank you

HP Recommended

I guess that I have a solution. You need to update BIOS by going to the support.hp.com and installing the latest BIOS update. I did it and it seems that the problem is solved. 

HP Recommended

False.

I did it and after i have to rollback because the sound was more noisy.

HP Recommended

Updated BIOS + all drivers and the problem is still there...

HP Recommended

Hello

I'm facing with completely the same problem. I've already written about it in different thread here. It looks like there is no solution for now. I have model with hybrid graphics and I decided to disable discrete card in order to decrease heating of the system. But it didn't help. All bios updates have been applied with no luck. So I decided to live with this issue for now.

I hope it will be fixed in next bios update.

HP Recommended

I have same problem.

BIOS and all drivers is updated.

This problem may be solved with program HP FanControl 0.62 - https://thinkwiki.de/TPFanControl

Need to set "Smart mode" in program.

But this solution not from HP.

I will be wait when this problem will solved with HP support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.