10-02-2016 02:30 PM
My HP Probook 4540S webcam has stopped working after Windows 10 update KB3194496 was installed. I installed the HPUniversal camera Driver but the webcam still doesn't work. Prior to the KB3194496 update the webcam worked perfectly. Has any else experienced this and is there a fix?! Thanks!!
10-04-2016 01:01 AM
I have the same problem with my 4540s. After KB3194496 the webcam does not work. I had to uninstall the update and hide it using the microsoft hide update tool. The OS is Win10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 64bit. A fix for this from either HP or MS would be welcome.
10-04-2016 03:53 PM
Kinano... Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem... I also uninstalled the update to get my webcam working again... But can you clue me into the "Microsoft hide update tool" you used?... Thanks!!
10-05-2016 04:40 PM
Got it, thanks!! I uninstalled and hid the KB3194496 update... Cam is working again... Do you know if a fix to this issue is in the works by Microsoft?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot