Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp envy 15-ae065sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've just acquired a hp envy 15 Hp envy 15-ae065sa.

Works fine but the lid has various light dents, scratches etc  in/on it. Though the screen is fine there's a couple of white spots which on inspection correspond to the dents on the lid. I think these dents are pushing against the screen and causing these white spots to appear. I'd like to dismantle the screen unit and carefully remove some of these dents to hopefully improve or remove  the white dot problem. I don't really want to take the whole machine apart. Is it possible to just disamantle the screen unit without having to take the body apart? I can't find a video on this problem.

Thanks for you help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Have you referred to the service manual on your notebook's support page?

HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae065sa (ENERGY STAR) Manuals | HP® Customer Support

According to chapter 6, you have to take the whole notebook apart to remove the screen.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Have you referred to the service manual on your notebook's support page?

HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae065sa (ENERGY STAR) Manuals | HP® Customer Support

According to chapter 6, you have to take the whole notebook apart to remove the screen.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, thanks for that, I was wondering if there was a way of avoiding that but clearly not.

One more question if I may, I've been trying find out if this model I have has a designated SSD slot, I seem to be picking up conflicting info on this, some do and some don't from what I gather and if so what size gbt would it support.

I'll keep researching this but thanks for your help,

BWallace

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

According to chapter 1 of the service manual, only the notebooks that have the i7 processors and graphics adapters with 4 GB of dedicated memory have a M.2 slot.

Support for M.2 SATA storage (Port 0) (models with i7 processors and 4 GB discrete graphics memory only)

That slot would only support SATA M.2 drives, not SSD's, so replacing the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD would work just as good.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.