Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Procedure to remove screen, Hp envy 15-ae065sa

HP Recommended
Hp envy 15-ae065sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've just acquired a hp envy 15 Hp envy 15-ae065sa.

Works fine but the lid has various light dents, scratches etc  in/on it. Though the screen is fine there's a couple of white spots which on inspection correspond to the dents on the lid. I think these dents are pushing against the screen and causing these white spots to appear. I'd like to dismantle the screen unit and carefully remove some of these dents to hopefully improve or remove  the white dot problem. I don't really want to take the whole machine apart. Is it possible to just disamantle the screen unit without having to take the body apart? I can't find a video on this problem.

Thanks for you help,

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,230 119,407 19,504 29,804
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Have you referred to the service manual on your notebook's support page?

HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae065sa (ENERGY STAR) Manuals | HP® Customer Support

According to chapter 6, you have to take the whole notebook apart to remove the screen.

0 Kudos
PaulPSM
Author
Level 1
15 10 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, thanks for that, I was wondering if there was a way of avoiding that but clearly not.

One more question if I may, I've been trying find out if this model I have has a designated SSD slot, I seem to be picking up conflicting info on this, some do and some don't from what I gather and if so what size gbt would it support.

I'll keep researching this but thanks for your help,

BWallace

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,230 119,407 19,504 29,804
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

According to chapter 1 of the service manual, only the notebooks that have the i7 processors and graphics adapters with 4 GB of dedicated memory have a M.2 slot.

Support for M.2 SATA storage (Port 0) (models with i7 processors and 4 GB discrete graphics memory only)

That slot would only support SATA M.2 drives, not SSD's, so replacing the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD would work just as good.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation