Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,440 Views)

Processor error?

Product Name: Envy d6
Operating System: Windows 8.1

I have an Envy D6 which refuses to boot. I am able to get into the BIOS settings and the PC diagnostics but I cannot boot into Windows nor can I boot from  a boot CD.

When I run the PC Diagnostics I get an error right away during the processor test which says "Module Missing".

I then get an error code "0LG55Q-6907BC-QFPJXF-61WS03". Since it happens during the processor test I assume the processor has gone bad but then I wondered how it could run the diagnostics without a processor.

I reseated the memory (Just in case) but I was wondering if anyone knows what the error code refers to explicitily.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (1,417 Views)

Re: Processor error?

[ Edited ]

@Paul_T_R ,

Hello and welcome to the HP support forum. For this type of issue I would start with a step by step tear down and boot check.

First remove your ram.  Once the ram is out then try and boot. Check to see if you get the same error or see if the you get a beep code or flash code from the led lights.

BIOS Beep Codes

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Now try doing the same process with only one stick of ram at a time.

Check the blink or beep codes.

Next thing you can try is to do a BIOS reset.

Restoring the BIOS

I hope this helps.  You may also want to remove any other cards such as wireless cards if they are not part of the motherboard and repeat the steps.

Let me know how things go.

Thank you again for posting and have a great day and Happy New Year.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation