Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 13-ah1507sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to enquire about the best process for getting a spare key for my laptop as one of them was snapped off in such a way that the plastic clip mechanism that secures the key is no longer functional (aka forcefully). Specifically, the "comma" key is the one that has broken (the key to the right of "m" on a UK layout keyboard).

The spare part number in the parts manual for the keyboard (L19542-031) appears to cover the entire front cover of the device. Naturally I would like to avoid replacing the entire part, but after spending alot of time traversing eBay and spare parts sites (namely laptopkey.com and laptopkey.eu), I've not found anything I can be 100% certain will fit.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Likely you will not find a single key being sold as a replacement part. Sometimes on eBay you can find an entrepeneur who will buy a keyboard and part it out but you see that less often when the keyboard is embedded in the top cover as that part is more expensive and there is not as much markup/profit to be made. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Likely you will not find a single key being sold as a replacement part. Sometimes on eBay you can find an entrepeneur who will buy a keyboard and part it out but you see that less often when the keyboard is embedded in the top cover as that part is more expensive and there is not as much markup/profit to be made. 

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the response, I had assumed that was the case; just wanted to see if anyone was aware of any other sources I can try. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.