Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I purchased an HP Envy 15 K204TX on 18th June 2016. When I checked the website for warranty and registration, it read that the warranty has expired. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You will have to initiate contact with HP to make that happen. Somebody has to actually change it in the system. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If you retain proof of retail purchase the warranty runs from your purchase date. The system has a "presumed" date based on shipping to the retailer and average "sell-through". This likely means your laptop sat on the shelf for a while but if you ever have a warranty issue HP will honor it based on your purchase date. 

HP Recommended
Yes I have the reveipt. Thank you for clarifying. I hope it gets updated in the website too.
HP Recommended

You will have to initiate contact with HP to make that happen. Somebody has to actually change it in the system. 

HP Recommended
I created a case. And also created a dispute in warranty claim.
HP Recommended

That is exactly what you needed to do. Good luck. 

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.