Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 1325se
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello guys.I wanted to know what type of SATA port my laptop has?

Because i want to upgrade my hdd to ssd and i want to know what kind of SATA does my laptop has and is it good to upgrade hdd to ssd in my laptop?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any specs on your notebook.

What model processor does it have?

Full model please.

HP Recommended

Hi

All i know about its processor is that it is intel 2nd generation 2450m.

And its graphic card is radeob 7400m series but I'm not sure about it

And the ssd that i want to buy is Samsung evo 850 250g.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

With the Mobile Intel HM65 chipset your notebook has, it should have a SATA III drive controller.

Even if it doesn't a SATA III SSD will run fine on a SATA II controller, just a little slower.

HP Recommended

I'm really thankful for your crucial help.

But is there another and better way to improve the performance of my laptop except changing hdd to ssd?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Changing to a SSD would benefit your notebook's performance greatly.

The only other thing you could do would be to max out the memory to 2 x 4 GB if you have not done so already.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.