Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a new HP Omen 15 yesterday and it has been running smoothly so far. I had a question about charging my laptop. I have been using it while plugged in even after it has been completely charged to 100%. Will that harm my battery life or my laptop in any way? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The new notebooks such as yours have smart batteries and smart chargers.

That means when the battery is fully charged the charging stops.

Which means you can leave the notebook plugged in just about all the time.

What I normally do is once a month, I unplug the charger from the PC, run it off the battery until I get the low battery warning and then charge it back up again.

Here is a link from HP for how to get the most life out of your notebook's battery.

HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

And another one for testing and calibrating the battery...

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The new notebooks such as yours have smart batteries and smart chargers.

That means when the battery is fully charged the charging stops.

Which means you can leave the notebook plugged in just about all the time.

What I normally do is once a month, I unplug the charger from the PC, run it off the battery until I get the low battery warning and then charge it back up again.

Here is a link from HP for how to get the most life out of your notebook's battery.

HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

And another one for testing and calibrating the battery...

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.