Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there, I've been looking for an upgrade to my computer, as the one I currently have, Radeon(TM) RX 580 4gb, doesn't really cut it anymore. So I've been looking at the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, to replace my current one. I know nothing about the inside of computers, so I just want to ask if that one will work out on my computer model. If it fits, if there's a better one, if it's stupid.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

-Nicolaj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nicolajersen Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade the graphics card.

The preset graphics card has 500 Watt & 33 Amps PSU. If you are going to upgrade the graphics card required the following system requirement.

The following are recommended minimum requirements for the installation of AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 / AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics cards. These recommendations are for single-card installations:

• PC with at least one PCI-Express x16 graphics slot available on the motherboard.

• Minimum 600W (recommended 700W) PSU with up to an 8-pin + 6-pin PCI Express Auxiliary connectors. This PSU recommendation is only for one Radeon RX 5700 series GPU installed per system. Additional GPUs will require more capable power supplies.

• Minimum of 8 GB of system memory, 16GB is recommended.

• Windows® 10 or Linux® operating system (64-bit operating system is highly recommended).

• At least one display that is compatible with a DisplayPort or HDMI connection.

You have to upgrade the power supply unit. 

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nicolajersen Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade the graphics card.

The preset graphics card has 500 Watt & 33 Amps PSU. If you are going to upgrade the graphics card required the following system requirement.

The following are recommended minimum requirements for the installation of AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 / AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics cards. These recommendations are for single-card installations:

• PC with at least one PCI-Express x16 graphics slot available on the motherboard.

• Minimum 600W (recommended 700W) PSU with up to an 8-pin + 6-pin PCI Express Auxiliary connectors. This PSU recommendation is only for one Radeon RX 5700 series GPU installed per system. Additional GPUs will require more capable power supplies.

• Minimum of 8 GB of system memory, 16GB is recommended.

• Windows® 10 or Linux® operating system (64-bit operating system is highly recommended).

• At least one display that is compatible with a DisplayPort or HDMI connection.

You have to upgrade the power supply unit. 

Keep us posted,

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196 Thanks for writing back to me.

I'm sorry, I am very bad at power and stuff like that, what do I need to get to upgrade the power supply?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Nicolajersen

I understand your concerns.

I would suggest you contact local stores in this regard. They will assist you.

Keep us posted,

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.