Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce019dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So the title yeah. I'm specifically wondering if Ram or SSD will boost it, which Ram cards or SSD drives should I go for? Does it matter? Looking to save money but also boost my gaming experience if anything else can help it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jnguyenv31 , welcome to the forum.

Q:  which Ram cards or SSD drives should I go for? 

A:  Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  It has all of the information that you will need for upgrading the laptop.  Also, here are the memory and SSD's that are recommended by Crucial Memory.  I suggest the 1TB, M.2, SSD.  The SSD is the least expensive way to boost system performance considerably.  I will never have another computer without a SSD boot drive.  Crucial makes very good and reasonably priced products.  If you have questions about any of their products you can contact their Tech Support for help.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jnguyenv31 , welcome to the forum.

Q:  which Ram cards or SSD drives should I go for? 

A:  Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  It has all of the information that you will need for upgrading the laptop.  Also, here are the memory and SSD's that are recommended by Crucial Memory.  I suggest the 1TB, M.2, SSD.  The SSD is the least expensive way to boost system performance considerably.  I will never have another computer without a SSD boot drive.  Crucial makes very good and reasonably priced products.  If you have questions about any of their products you can contact their Tech Support for help.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Should I get 2 new 8gb cards or just 1 enough to total up to 16gb with the one currently on my laptop?

Is 250gb SSD any different performance-wise to 1TB?

HP Recommended

Nvm Thank you.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @jnguyenv31.

Q:  Should I get 2 new 8gb cards or just 1 enough to total up to 16gb with the one currently on my laptop?

A:  You will most likely have to replace the current memory stick because different brands of memory don't always work well together.  I suggest that you use CPU-Z to determine the brand and timings of the current memory.  You will find this information in the "SPD" tab of the app.  Once you have this information, you can contact Crucial's Tech Support to see if their memory is compatible with it.

Q:  Is 250gb SSD any different performance-wise to 1TB?

A:  I suggested the M.2, SSD; not the standard SSD.  This is faster and easier to install.  I guaranty that you will be happier if you go with the 1 TB, M.2.  It will give you a lot more space.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.