Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb013ng

Hello HP Community,

unfortunately during a recent upgrade the thread of the top right screw hole next to the hinges of my laptop came loose.

For this reason I could not screw in the screw during the assembly.

When I open up the laptop lid there is now a gap between the bottom cover and the body on that side.

This is not a problem when the laptop lid is closed.

I would like to reattach the thread to the screw hole but for this I would have to remove the display assembly first.

I read the service manual of my HP Power Pavilion 15-cb013ng and most steps look doable but it also states that I

should remove the fan assembly for this procedure.

I don't see a reason why this would be necessary.

Has anyone of you already removed the display assembly and can confirm if this is really necessary?

I would also be glad for tips since this is my first time removing this part.

Many thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mab0189,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a hardware issue with your HP Pavilion Power - 15-Cb013ng. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

The PC needs to be sent to HP Service Centre to get it repaired,  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.