Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G60-120US Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Sir's ,Been a while since I last used Your Forum,  possibly 15-20 Year's Ago. OK, I recently installed a 1TB Mushkin SSD , 4Gb of Mushkin RAM 2 Channel Memory Modules, Over a installation of Windows 10 Home, 64Bit Operating System. The Laptop a HP G60-120US (a over 10 Year old Machine) took too these Upgrades, commendable, a really Robust Laptop.

Question: I upgraded the RAM Module's from 2Gb too 4Gb's, My question is can It take More Memory (RAM) Possibly 8Gb or 16Gb. Will the Up-Grade WORK, or is 4Gb the Limit, of RAM Memory the Manufacture Set's as the Maximum. Is it not advisable.

Or should I give 8Gb or even 16Gb's a try, Will this Up-grade WORK, or will it Harm My G60-120US Laptop or give it a try.

Thank You Sir's Signed 

MRCHR321 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02985882.pdf

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.

The max is 2 x 2 GB of memory, and nothing more than that will work.

HP Recommended

Hello Sir's  No more than 4Gb of RAM Memory, Question:  Is there a suggested 2 Chanel 4Gb Module's with Possibly a Higher Latency.  Basically what I'm asking is there a  Better Set of RAM Memory Modules I can purchase, is there a set of RAM Memory that You recommend. I'm in the mood too change Memory. Thank You, any recommendations would be great.  

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you installed 2 x 2 GB of DDR2-6400 memory, that is the fastest speed your notebook will take.

As I posted the other day, a single 4 GB memory module will not work.

HP Recommended

Hi Sir, I'm aware two 2x2Gb Modules installed and I'm running the correct replacement part's (DDR2-6400) I gather. Window's 10 Home 64 bit installed fine. So does the Mushkin 1Tb SSD, very fast machine, But I'm having a bit of Lagging when using Internet. It's a hesitation 2 or 3 seconds, it's not a quick as My other Machine. Is there anyway I can speed this Lagging up ? 

Signed, Lagging.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.