Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0008na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
I have an HP laptop: HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0008na with 8gb RAM.

Can you please answer the following questions for me:

1. Can this 8gb memory be increased?

2. What is the maximum memory it can take?

3. Does the existing memory get replaced or can it be added to?

4. Is there a specific part/code or other number that I must request when I purchase memory?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The big majority of 11" and 13" notebooks have the memory built into the motherboard. I am sorry if the answer was not as expected, but no other solution exists.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dear @DuffTecky 

Unfortunately, the memory is integrated into the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

c06584270.pdf (hp.com)

Service Manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06618429.pdf 

HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for the reply.

I'm really disappointed to read this. Had I known this originally I would not have bought it. I feel my laptop cold do better with 16gb as it can struggle sometimes. I guess the only solution is to accept it.

Stupidly I did not consider the possibility that the memory could be on the motherboard.

HP Recommended

The big majority of 11" and 13" notebooks have the memory built into the motherboard. I am sorry if the answer was not as expected, but no other solution exists.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.