Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
x360 Pavilion 13-s101ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded RAM in my x360 Pavilion transformer.

Factory installed RAM was DDR3L 1600MHz 4GB + 2GB.

I installed a DDR3L Kingston HyperX 1866MHz 8GB + 8GB but RAM works at 1600MHz.

How to set higher RAM frequency?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can't do it. The motherboard runs the memory at 1600 speed. My advice is on a consumer laptop there is no need or use for performance or gaming memory. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You can't do it. The motherboard runs the memory at 1600 speed. My advice is on a consumer laptop there is no need or use for performance or gaming memory. 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Crucial sells the memory and guarantees it will work (boot and run stable) but not that it will run at 1866. The memory works fine but downclocks to run at 1600. Crucial also offers DDR3-1600 for laptops that will run only at 1333 or 1066 for example. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for answers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.