Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP NoteBook 15-ac010TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using Laptop-  "HP Notebook 15-ac010TU" for last three years. My Notebook became very slow in performing normal operation. Now I want to upgrade my Laptop. My current Configuration is as follows: 

Microprocessor:                 1.6 GHz Intel Celeron N3050 with Intel HD Graphics
Microprocessor Cache:     2 MB cache, 2 cores
Memory:                               4 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
Video Graphics:                   Intel HD Graphics
Display:                                 15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit (1366 x 768)
Hard Drive:                           500 GB 5400 rpm SATA

Now I have 2 questions: 

Questions 1: Is there any extra slot in motherboard so that I can add a new SSD  for better performance? How do i know whether motherboard have extra slot for SSD or not, without opening the laptops' backside?

Questions 2: Is it possible to upgrade RAM? How do i Know maximum supported capacity of RAM?  How much RAM I can add?

-Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rubel_Ahmed Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, here's a list of parts tested and approved by HP to work on your notebook:

For steps on replacing the same: click here & visit page. 46 Chapter 6 Removal and replacement procedures for Authorized Service Prov...
(The above link also contains information on SSD slot (if any), it's a complete guide to all your hardware information)

I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.