Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s101tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

RAM - SLot 1RAM - SLot 1

I need to know :  a)  Do I need the 'exact part number' for the 'same manufacturer' (SAMSUNG) with the same configirations to match and work correctly, for putting additional 4GB in slot 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Mr. Singh.  That's not I am looking into. I have this manual. I was asking a different question. Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I consider your opinions. Good to hear. Thanks skb

HP Recommended

Hi @SKB_g2d1,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are looking to upgrade the Memory on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

After reviewing your post, I did go through the Product specifications and found that there is 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) of RAM installed on your PC.

You can go ahead and install an additional 4 GB of RAM inside your PC. Please go through the Maintenance and service guide of your notebook and here you have a list of compatible and tested Memory on your PC.

All you need to ensure is the type of RAM when you purchase for example DDR3L-1600MHz which is supported on your PC.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,  

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Mr. Singh.  That's not I am looking into. I have this manual. I was asking a different question. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @SKB_g2d1,

Thank you for replying

Answering to your question, Do I need the 'exact part number' for the 'same manufacturer' (SAMSUNG) with the same configirations to match and work correctly, for putting additional 4GB in slot 2? Not required, you need to ensure you select the right type of RAM for example DDR3L-1600MHz

These are the Memory parts which are tested on your PC.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Mr. Singh, It is not correct.  The RAM part number in my notebook was mentioned. It is different from the part numbers you have taken from a HP 360 notebook. 

HP Recommended

Mr. Singh, will it work , the model no/part no is different. Will the size fit in ?

https://www.amazon.in/SAMSUNG-M471B5173QH0-YK0-PC3-12800-512MBX64-512MX8/dp/B00T592DGG/ref=sr_1_fkmr...

HP Recommended

Hi @SKB_g2d1,

Thank you for replying,

After reviewing your post, I see that the configuration matches, which indicates that should work on your PC. 

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, ​​​​​​​

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.