Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook 15-ay102nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Number: Y7Z10EA#ABT

Model: HP 15-ay102nj

Marom_0-1607242157296.png

What is the maximum RAM I can add / replace? How many slots do I have? what is the maximum RAM speed my computer supports? What type of pins? An example would be great

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has two memory slots and each slot can take a maximum of an 8 GB memory chip.

Your notebook's processor can run the memory at a maximum speed of 2133 MHz, but it can use DDR4 memory in the following speeds...2400, 2666 and 3200.  The faster memory will bridge to 2133 MHz.

This would be a compatible 8 GB memory chip if you can buy this part number in Israel.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT8G4SFS824A | Crucial EU

Below is the link to the service manual.

HP Notebook PC (Intel) * Models: 15-ay000 – 15-ay099 * Models: 15-ay100 – 15-ay199HP 250 G5 Notebook...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has two memory slots and each slot can take a maximum of an 8 GB memory chip.

Your notebook's processor can run the memory at a maximum speed of 2133 MHz, but it can use DDR4 memory in the following speeds...2400, 2666 and 3200.  The faster memory will bridge to 2133 MHz.

This would be a compatible 8 GB memory chip if you can buy this part number in Israel.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT8G4SFS824A | Crucial EU

Below is the link to the service manual.

HP Notebook PC (Intel) * Models: 15-ay000 – 15-ay099 * Models: 15-ay100 – 15-ay199HP 250 G5 Notebook...

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I can get this model: Transcend 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz CL15 SODIMM  (TS1GSH64V1H)

Will it be compatible?

And will it work well if I add it to the second free slot? considering my current installed RAM is the default one that came with the computer (8GB SK Hynix 2133MHz).

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

While I cannot guarantee it, the Transcend memory you want to buy should work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.