Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 15-bp000nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I want to upgrade my HP envy x360 15-bp000nl with extra 8GB RAM.  Could  someone advice how to choose proper RAM model, please?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes 2400Mhz RAM wich will run at 2133Mhz. Yes the Crucial RAM you posted will work well. 

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your PC supports max 16GB of DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2x8GB)

You need to use 2400Mhz RAM which will run at 2133Mhz. There are two slots, so you can add a 8GB stick in the empty slot. So this is what you need, 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz Sodimm.

16GB is what the system has been tested with. HP DDR4 systems will actually run with 32GB of RAM.

On page 35 of service manual you can see the steps to upgrade RAM

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05527167

You can also look at these HP videos for that model which can help with any upgrade

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/Media/95F10E03-4CE0-4211-B203-0281D558875F/lak_PCPFILES/SML/FruVideo/roc_...

Let me know if you need further help,

David

HP Recommended

Does it mean that I need to buy 2400Mhz, not 2133Mhz RAM?

Does this model fit?

Crucial 8GB DDR4 SODIMM PC4-19200 [CT8G4SFS824A]

HP Recommended

Yes 2400Mhz RAM wich will run at 2133Mhz. Yes the Crucial RAM you posted will work well. 

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.