Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0061nu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, I purchased the HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0061nu. It has 8 GB of RAM.
I want to upgrade the RAM memory. How and where can I buy RAM memory? 
And how can I find out which is the correct RAM memory? Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

It can use up to 32 gigs (2 x 16) of DDR4-2600 or -3200 SO-DIMM. Right now you have 1 x 8 so you could add another 8 gig mnodule to have 16, which is likely plenty or buy 2 x 16 to have 32 gigs. Pages 28-32 of the Manual show "how to" and this is an authorized end user upgrade; no warranty concerns about opening the laptop. 

This is a single 8 gig module that would work fine to upgrade you to 16 gigs total:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-PC4-21300-2666MHZ-SODIMM-laptop/dp/B07F6HBK1N/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&...

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended
Thank you for the detailed answer. I only have two RAM slots. They have 2x4 GB. 
I want to upgrade to 16GB. I'll buy 2x8.
Now I know which RAM is for my laptop. Thanks again for your help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.