Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-r124nv (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Getting lots of random BSODS since one month ago. I am on the latest Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264) After lots of research I think it's related to Rapid Storage Technology and the Intel GPU. Gettings BSODS at a rate of about 75% when laptop waking up from sleep mode. Even if I don't get one immediately it most probably will happen later after some time most of the times. Sometimes I get one but a little bit rarely when I start my laptop and a little while after it starts on desktop it gets a BSOD. This happens usually though when I received another BSOD and boot up my pc from the previous BSOD. Today I got two BSODS while on Firefox. Usually While opening a new tab it hangs then makes a BSOD. This usually happens randomly. Sometimes it hangs for like a minute and it continues to the page I want sometimes the screen will hang and won't do anything unless I hard reset with the power button or I get a BSOD. During some BSODS if they reach 100% by pressing the power button one time the laptop closes gently or even if they hang at 0% but very rarely, but most of the times BSODS stuck either at 0% or 10% or 15% and I need to hard shutdown by holding the power button. I tried to reinstall every single driver even installed new Windows OS but still the same thing. It would help a lot if HP devs could release a driver update for those two. Since today I got that BSOD with Firefox again I googled and most people say something about its hardware acceleration feature so I disabled that and also refreshed Firefox. I still got a hang after that for like 20 seconds but no BSOD so far. I also tried to change the Power Plan Setting from Intel HD Graphics for the battery to be at max performance mode cause sometimes the screen went darker while switching to energy save mode while moving a little bit with my laptop. Guess the power chord disconnects momentarily and reconnects but I had that issues since like 1 year without any problems. the most common BSOD I get is Critical_Process_Died and I also got like 2 times the BSOD Unexpected_Store_Exception.  Before 10 days I also got a Memory_Management BSOD and a System_Service_Exception. I am starting to wonder if I had any hardware problem or if it is just the Windows OS that my laptop can't fully support. I also want to mention that if I get like 2 or 3 BSODS in a row like one will happen when desktop starting and maybe two while using Firefox either by watching a youtube video or trying to open new tabs the laptop might go without any BSODS for like 4 days or more which is again very strange. I want to mention also that when I refreshed FIrefox, It's way faster than before despite I installed the same settings, bookmarks and also extensions. Tabs opening faster and generally the laptop seems to work better. Despite that I got it one time to hang like I wrote before but without a BSOD. I disabled Hardware Acceleration and also deleted cache and data from all history. Will see how it goes starting from today. Another thing I want to mention also is that I also got one IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD while I was working with my DAW from a Voicemeeter Potato Driver called VBA something so I reinstalled that as well. That one problem got solved but the other BSOD continued as usual so it wasn't related to them. I also tried to scan for viruses and stuff with MalwareBytes latest version and nothing found although I know I don't have any cause I am careful generally with what I download etc. Ofc I already done SFC and Online DISM and all those things and No Corrupted system component found. After extensive research I conclude that it must be a problem with those two drivers Intel HD Graphics and Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I mentioned and also I think it is somehow related to the fact that the notebook uses one Intel HD Graphics driver for the monitor and one Nvidia 820M for other purposes like gaming rendering and stuff. So without a good driver there is not good communication with Windows I guess. That's probably why I get the BSODS. Unless I have a hardware error, but I ran a Chkdisk and also checked the hard disk with a program and ran a memory scan for RAM as well with memtest and no problems were found. About the Intel Storage Technology driver being problematic I am like 99% sure cause like I mentioned before after the laptop is waking up from sleep it is having a BSOD usually Critical_Process_Died. I am not the only one. I googled some and other people had this same problem after their laptop's sleep mode, that's why I am concluding that. I wrote all that text from the laptop that gets those BSODS btw. Sorry for the long writing and thanks for you time in advance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.