Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@KOLMAN 

What do you mean you need the Ralink adapter?

Do you need the card itself? A part number? A driver link? 

I'll be glad to help in any way I can 🙂

HP Recommended

OK and again about this card. As you can read posts i did before i have this ralink card too. I tried everything to do with this this card to get better work. Reseated it , played with drivers, power options, device manager options and so on. And yes i got this card working better while its not on big load. But if you start playing online games, watching online videos this card is producing a high heat then what effects your ralink card performance, try ti get a cooling pad to see if it works better then temperature is lower. And one more problem this ralink card has unstable connectivity between gateway ( Modem) not often but time form time its happening.. So the only one to do is to get better wifi card ( look at your pc model documents for supported ones).

HP Recommended

titou

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have never posted for help before, here goes..

My husband has deleted or should I say uninstalled The Ralink Rt5390r 802.11bgn Wi-Fi adapter 5.0.2.0. So I cannot connect to wi-fi and have connected with a cable. I have tried to restore the computer to an earlier date but this does not work. Can anyone please advise me step by step what to do as I am now frustrated, I have read through a lot of different treads on poor connections, but how to reinstall the removed ralink Wireless Lan is a mistery to me.

I know that the final option I have is to back up my computer and restore it to factory settings, but not looking forward to doing that. The computer/laptop is a Hp Pavilion g6 with windows 8.

If anyone can advise me, I would be really greatful,

Thanks.

HP Recommended

marcia1

If you could please post your product number for your computer. I am linking a document below that will show you how to find your product number. With the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please feel free to re-post once you have the required information.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
Hi dunidar,
Thanks very much for trying to help me, one of my friends arrived after I posted and sorted the problem for me. It is great to know that if in the future I have any problems that I can simply post & get a reply so quickly. Thanks again for your time.
HP Recommended

hey, 

ma computer is also hp envy m6 notebook. win 8. this problem seems to occure when once you connect this model pc 

to an ethernet cable. 

mine is also no good. and when the connection cut me i restart ma computer n then it again works. i've done everything restoring , even formating it, reinstalling the driver in hp recovery manager,  non of them solved it

gud luck 

and as a solution am telling ma freinds no to buy this model.

and dont forget me if u find any solution

HP Recommended

Ahmedabali

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your Ralink and connecting to the internet. I am providing you a link to an HP Forum post by @AnirbanD who posted a solution here that is working for some of the people who have experienced this issue.

Depending on what is causing the issue will depend on what resolution will work for you. If you scroll down on the thread I linked to you there is a post by @SuperMario1 who is also attempting to resolve the issue.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums and if you still require assistance with this or another issue please feel free to re-post. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I am desperate because i just bought this hp m61225dx and it is giving me alot of headahces and problems. I ntoce that the signal drops and it can not find any wireless router. i called geek squad and they told me to unplug the modem and router,wait 30 seconds and plug them back in. I have done this 100s of times but the problem still happens. I've read post of people saying to unistall Ralink 3T390 and restart your computer. I did this and the network adapter Ralink came back. I do not want to go to geek squad because they want to charge me $99+ and that is an outraged. I already spent enough money on the laptop. I paid for a new laptop not a broken one.I need help. since unistalling Ralink my wifi bars are very low and the weird thing about it is the wireless router is set up in my room. Im less than 2 feet away from it. All my other devices(my old laptop, ipad,ipod and cellphone) are on full bars.

I REALLY need help

My laptop is a hp m6 1225dx, the BIOS version/date is: Insyde F.25, 1/21/2013. I am running Windows 8. I also have Norton Antivirus which I am wondering if to unistall but I will await your reply. The Ralink wireless adapter is Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn. My product number is D1E93UA#ABA and my serial number is: {Private Information Removed}.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

HP Recommended

Hi guys !!!!! As Ralink RT5390R is onl1 1x1 chanel so it has max 72Mbps connection with is about 50Mbps in real.

Tomorrow im ordering Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 wich is 2x2 + BT up to 300Mbps connection. So as i have 200Mbps i should get around 150Mbps in real. Card is taken from the list of supportred wifi cards for my g6 model Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 802.11b/g/n, 2x2, single-band Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0. It will cost me obly around 20E to ship from UK to Ireland. 

ntel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 Technical Specifications
General
Dimensions (H x W x D)
26.80 mm x 30.00 mm x 2.4 mm Max (Top Side) / 1.35 mm Max (Bottom Side)
Weight
3.45g
Diversity
On-board diversity support for systems designed with two antennas
Radio ON/OFF Control
Supported in both hardware and software
Connector interface
Half Mini Card form factor, based on PCIe electrical interface
LED Output
On/Off
Operating Temperature (Adapter Shield)
0° to +80° C
Humidity Non-Operating
50% to 90% RH non-condensing (at temperatures of 25°C to 35°C)
Operating Systems
Microsoft Windows 7*, Microsoft Windows 8*, Linux*
Wi-Fi Alliance
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED* for 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, WMM*, WPA*, WPA2*, and WPS Wi-Fi Direct for peer to peer device connections
Microsoft WHQL
Yes
IEEE WLAN Standard
IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 802.11d, 802.11e, 802.11i, 802.11h
Architecture
Infrastructure and SoftAP
Roaming6
Supports seamless roaming between respective access points (802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11b/g, and 802.11b/g/n)
Bluetooth*
Dual Mode Bluetooth* 2.1, 2.1+EDR, 3.0, 3.0+HS, 4.0 (BLE)
Security7
Authentication
WPA and WPA2, 802.1X (EAP-TLS, TTLS, PEAP, LEAP, EAP-FAST), EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA
Authentication Protocols
PAP, CHAP, TLS, GTC, MS-CHAP*, MS-CHAPv2
Encryption
64-bit and 128-bit WEP, AES-CCMP, TKIP
Wi-Fi Direct* Encryption and Authentication
WPA2, AES-CCMP
Product Safety
UL, C-UL, CB (IEC 60950-1)
Compliance
Retail (Credit Card Processing)
PCI, CISP
Government
FIPS8 ,FISMA Product Name Model Number Version
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230
2230BNHMW
802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0

So nexy week im going to do a post and will describe does this card work on g6 models!!!! and how it works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.