Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15' (2015/16) 6Go RAM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community,

I am writing here because I want to upgrade my RAM.

As it is the first time I am doing such a thing, I want to be sure not spending my money in not fully compatible devices.

My Laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming 15', not sure if 2015 or 2016 version but it has 6 Go Ram (and I mostly find questions related to 8 Go version)

My mother board is HP 80A9 91.1C.

And I want to buy Corsair Vengeance 8 Go Ram DDR3 - SO DIMM 204 pins 1600 MHz (x2), as it is a well known brand and i found them at a cheaper price than other famous manufacturers.

So is it compatible please ?

Have you any advices to give me to make my choice ?

What I found yet, on Crucial website, make me think it is, but not sure, as the frequency are not the same.

Thanks for reading me and time spent to answer me.

Regards,

Mameno.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

And here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Start on p. 38 to remove the rear cover. Can take up to 2 x 8 gig DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM. The "L" is important: means 1.35 volt not 1.5 volt. 

This Timetec (Hynix) is the amazon house brand and is very good OEM memory. The Corsair Vengeance and similar "performance" memory may or may not work as it generally has aggressive timings and the HP motherboards are made to work with plain vanilla memory. 

https://www.amazon.fr/Timetec-PC3-12800-Unbuffered-Ordinateur-portable/dp/B01NAXBSIY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa...

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

We need the full model number of the laptop in order to give good advice. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

HP Recommended

here's the product number HP PAV 15-ak113nf

HP Recommended

And here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Start on p. 38 to remove the rear cover. Can take up to 2 x 8 gig DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM. The "L" is important: means 1.35 volt not 1.5 volt. 

This Timetec (Hynix) is the amazon house brand and is very good OEM memory. The Corsair Vengeance and similar "performance" memory may or may not work as it generally has aggressive timings and the HP motherboards are made to work with plain vanilla memory. 

https://www.amazon.fr/Timetec-PC3-12800-Unbuffered-Ordinateur-portable/dp/B01NAXBSIY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa...

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Ok thanks for everything, from explanation to direct link for product, and that includes answering on Sunday.

Have a nice day !

Mameno

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.