Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp g6-1a50us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a hp g6-1a50us laptop and I want to upgrade my RAM to its maximum compatible capacity. can someone guide me if it's ok to install 2pcs 4gb 2Rx8 PC3 10600 in my laptop?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

c02770268 (hp.com)

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.   The max is 2 x 4 GB of DDR3-1333 MHz memory, so you should be fine with your plans.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. How about 2pcs 4gb 12800mhz, does it also work in my g6?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, the it looks like the processor your notebook has can run the memory at 1333 MHz, so the DDR3-1600 (12800) memory should work.

If the processor could only run the memory at 1066 MHz, the DDR3-12800 may not go back two clock speeds.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.