Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-ar050wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my mother bought this computer back in 2018, but has now given it to me. I wanted to upgrade the ram, so I looked up the products information and found that it has 1x8gb of ram and two ram slots. However, when I opened the computer it had 2x4gb. So, I wanted to know if this is normal because now if I want to upgrade to 2x8gb then I have to buy both sticks of ram instead of only one. The reason this is important to me is because I was planning on buying an Hp laptop for my friend, but if the ram could be 2x4gb instead of 1x8gb, then I wouldn't want to get it. Maybe I'm overlooking something and I'm sorry in advanced if I am.

When bought it was brand new. It's never been taken to a repair shop or opened by anyone. 

Model: 17-ar050wm

Product ID: 1KU52UA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
we can not answer for hp, but it sometimes happens that the characteristics of the product pages are not completely exact
It may sometimes happen that for some models, due to the availability of parts, two modules or only one are installed.
as long as there is the quantity mentioned, this should not be considered as false information
to know that it would not have changed anything, because in a concern of compatibility, it is sometimes necessary to replace everything, because we do not always find the identical model installed

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
we can not answer for hp, but it sometimes happens that the characteristics of the product pages are not completely exact
It may sometimes happen that for some models, due to the availability of parts, two modules or only one are installed.
as long as there is the quantity mentioned, this should not be considered as false information
to know that it would not have changed anything, because in a concern of compatibility, it is sometimes necessary to replace everything, because we do not always find the identical model installed

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Okay, thanks for the reply. I'll make sure to stay clear of HP then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.