Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0047tx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my laptop "HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0047tx" to 16 GB RAM (2x8GB). From HP Support assistant, I am able to gather that the RAM is "8GB Samsung 2667MHz".

I have the following queries

1) Can you kindly share the Max RAM speed for my laptop ?

2) Can you kindly let me know if following RAM [16 GB RAM (2x8GB)] compatible with my laptop ?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B083VWCZLQ/?cstrackid=8be6d8b9-725c-4d78-9772-ca332803f7b7&tag=micronin-21

3) If the above is not compatible, can you suggest a link to suitable RAM that I can use ?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook can support up to 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-2666 MHz memory.

See chapter 1 of the service manual.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended fo...

2666 MHz is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

I do not recommend you use the high-performance memory because it has faster timings than the standard DDR4-2666 MHz memory has that HP installed, and may not work.

Since there are no provisions to adjust the memory timing/XMP profile in the BIOS, you should buy the standard DDR4-2666 MHz memory recommended for your notebook for best results.

If you are just planning on adding an additional 8 GB memory chip to your notebook that should work with the Samsung memory currently installed, this would be the one you want...

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial RAM 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL19 Laptop Memory CT8G4SFRA266 Online at Low Prices in...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook can support up to 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-2666 MHz memory.

See chapter 1 of the service manual.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended fo...

2666 MHz is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

I do not recommend you use the high-performance memory because it has faster timings than the standard DDR4-2666 MHz memory has that HP installed, and may not work.

Since there are no provisions to adjust the memory timing/XMP profile in the BIOS, you should buy the standard DDR4-2666 MHz memory recommended for your notebook for best results.

If you are just planning on adding an additional 8 GB memory chip to your notebook that should work with the Samsung memory currently installed, this would be the one you want...

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial RAM 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL19 Laptop Memory CT8G4SFRA266 Online at Low Prices in...

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply and the support.

I went through the service manual and the information that you provided.

Yes, I am planning to upgrade my RAM from 8GB to 16GB (2x8GB). So as advised, I will go with the RAM that you have suggested.

Thank you once again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.