Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
16a0032dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, I just bought the HP pavilion 16.1 model num-16a0032dx and I’m having difficulty with upgrading the ram, I got two sticks of pny 8gb 2400mhz notebook memory from Best Buy and they said it should work, my pc boots fine and runs ok until I get the bsod when I try to run a game, I just want to know if anyone can help me figure out how to make this work, if not I might just return it. I’ve tried the ram check on windows and hp’s hardware analyzer thing and done a bunch of research on memory management but nothing works so far.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would say the reason the memory isn't working is because your notebook runs the memory at 2933 MHz

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 16-a0032dx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

DDR4-2400 memory is much too slow.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to return the memory and buy the guaranteed compatible memory from Crucial.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion gaming 16 series | Pavilion Gaming 16-a0032dx | C...

Buy the 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 kit.

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT2K8G4SFRA32A | Crucial.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.