Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Xv924pa#acj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to upgrade my laptop ram kindly share me the suitable frequency and support gb.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

c02623161.pdf (hp.com)

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.   Your notebook supports a max of 2 x 4 GB of DDR3-1333 MHz memory.

You have to buy a very specific configuration of memory or it won't work.  See this discussion...

Solved: Memory upgrade 6550b - HP Support Community - 5340551

HP Recommended

Thanks for resolving my ram update issue and need to ask one more question ddr3-1333 MHz as per your advice but can I use like as ddr3-1600Mhz,2400Mhz means more frequency?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

DDR3-1600 memory won't work--it cannot bridge to 1066 MHz, which is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at, and DDR4 memory won't even fit in the memory slot because it runs at a different voltage, has a different # of contact pins, and the slot is cut in a different place on the memory chip's circuit board which prevents the memory from fitting in the memory slot.

You have to find DDR3-1333 Memory, 1.5V, not 1.35V, non-ECC, unbuffered, and it has to have 8 little black memory chips on each side of the circuit board, not 4.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.