Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
elitebook 830 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After replacing my keyboard(due to liquid spillage), I started hearing random beeping sounds (while in windows). The beeping is random and can't figure out a pattern. When it beeps, random keys are being typed, like, for example, +==========[==[=====[===========[= (it literally happened while typing this message). Also, from time to time, the keys stop working for a brief moment(like, for example, right now, I wasn't able to type for a couple of seconds).
Mouse also behaves strange. The mouse buttons above my trackpad permanently stopped working and, from time to time, the trackpad clicks don't work, or they are being pressed randomly. 

The most bothering aspect is that the computer randomly shuts down, without any warning. I ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic app and I wasn't able to find anything. I have the latest versions of the drivers for both keyboard and mouse.

I'm starting to get desperate here, because I have tons of software installed(it is my work computer) and replacing it would be a nightmare. Please, help!
Million thanks in advance!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.