Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy 17t-J000.  Product number is C8U19AV.  Running Windows 10.  What is the best AC-capable wireless adapter to replace the Centrino N2230 for my machine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It depends on your preference.

If you want a dual band AC card, go with this one...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0                  HP Part # 710661-001

If you want a dual band N card, go with this one...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi + BT4.0     HP Part # 717381-001

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

It depends on your preference.

If you want a dual band AC card, go with this one...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0                  HP Part # 710661-001

If you want a dual band N card, go with this one...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi + BT4.0     HP Part # 717381-001

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.  I'm going for the AC unit and have placed it on order.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

One more question:  I am trying to find the link to download the driver for HP 710661-001 wireless card.  So far no success.  Your help will be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Actually, you won't need the wifi driver. 

W10 will automatically install that particular wifi card for you.

HP Recommended

Many thanks.  You have saved me a lot of time and effort today!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back, and let us know how your wifi card upgrade went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.