Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi there,

there really is a problem with HP-ENVY-32 upgrading the NVIDIA driver above 443.xx. 

If you install the driver the PC doesnt shut down normally but its like the power is shut off... Very problematic. I had to do a complete reinstall because of this. The 'standard' HP driver works well but i advice to search for a solution. Something is very wrong. And i hope its no hardware issue (depends on the changes in the new drivers off course)

Thx ! 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Geert1967

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer? 

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning, thx for the reply.

If you search the internet for HP-ENVY-32 crash nvidia you'll find a couple of articles and people with the same problem (even on this forum !).

My PC is a HP ENVY 32 AIO a0022nb . RTX 2080 , I79700 processor and 1TB samsung Nvme SSD. model 9CJ3EA.

Operating system WIN10 64 and reinstalled last weekend (clean install). I also installed the F15 bios on arrival of the PC (2 weeks ago). Now i use the HP driver (nvidia 443.18) . Everything works fine. Whenever is use a newer driver of NVIDIA (ea 451.xx) the system crashes (even doing nothing !) after 2-3 minutes. And its not just a shutdown or whatever , its a power off problem !! This is a big problem because i had to do a complete reinstall afterwards !! (blue screen...)So there IS a big problem, i THINK its an issue with the F15 bios and the changes (i don't now what they changed) in the driver of nvidia above the 443.18....A lot of people still don't use the F15 bios (or dont do an upgarde of the drivers) . But IF they do : BANG , crash (power off!). I'll be glad to run some tests or help you in solving the problems but i think it's good to issue a warning for the users of HPenvy32 because this means trouble...

Kind regards

Geert 

HP Recommended

@Geert1967

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Has there been any updated information or solution to this problem?

We have a Lab of 35 HP Envy 32 computers and we would like to utilize the Nvidia Studio/Creator drivers? Right now, after updating to Nvidia Studio driver 452.06, we are getting the system shutdown without warning? 

We will be rolling back to previous driver but would like to use the latest version. Please help!

HP Recommended

Hello, yes i found a solution. When upgrading to the new nvidia drivers something goes wrong with the intel 630 video driver. So you have to download the latest intel drivers ,reinstall them ( be sure to overwrite everything again) After that you should be able to install the latest game driver. Succes !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.