Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, just bought a new HP Envy x360 AMD Ryzen 3 and the fan noise is very noisy, almost all the time it’s' spinning like crazy even though just running a web browser. Is this normal or something is not right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunatly yes. The cooler is engineering down to a cost, as in it cools the CPU/GPU, but only just. I would love if it had a few more grams of thermal mass, but I cant find a replacement cooler.

I have some liquid metal coming in the mail that im going to try to replace the tim with since at least its easy to take off the cooler on this laptop. I would not recomend the liquid metal route to someone who has not aplied tim before, you should normally go for a high end tim like Kryonaut, IC Diamond, mx-2 or noctua NT-H1

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Unfortunatly yes. The cooler is engineering down to a cost, as in it cools the CPU/GPU, but only just. I would love if it had a few more grams of thermal mass, but I cant find a replacement cooler.

I have some liquid metal coming in the mail that im going to try to replace the tim with since at least its easy to take off the cooler on this laptop. I would not recomend the liquid metal route to someone who has not aplied tim before, you should normally go for a high end tim like Kryonaut, IC Diamond, mx-2 or noctua NT-H1

HP Recommended

I had the same issue and the same laptop too, after about two months and lots of attempts, such as entering the BIOS, contolling task manager etc... I simply resolved by downloading HP COOL SENSE and set it to OFF mode.

Now my fan is really quiet that and i can barely hear it.

Warning I'm not an HP technician but this trick worked well for me.

Hope this help.

HP Recommended

Apply all updates found using the HP Assistance tool and bingo! Has reduced fan noise by at least 70% or even more. The noise was really bad out of the box. The update resets and updates BIOS. IT Really worked perfectly. 

HP Recommended

I am curious - what is HP Coolsense? 

Is it an app? What kind of download is it? Is it free?

HP Recommended

I have suffered from this issue for several days. The fan just starts to spin ridiculously even though I did not do ANYTHING(temp is below 54C). Finally, this works: https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc . Just follow the installation instructions and you can choose the envyx360 config file which works like a charm.

HP Recommended

I bought the extended warranty. They want me to send mine in to replace the fan. I had loud fan noise out of the box. Almost 1 year after purchase the fan starting a very loud winding noise. When I contacted support they updated my bios etc. but that didn't solve it completely. They want me to send it in. What a pain. I have to wipe my computer clean and be without for several weeks. Wasted money on extended warranty, as there is no local repair option. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this!

HP Recommended

How do I download the config file?

HP Recommended

reduces the fan spin time, but fan noise still loud for brief periods.  I think this is just a major flaw in this laptop. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.