Top Student
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Left Hinge of an HP Envy 17 Notebook "Popping" Bottom Cover

HP ENVY 17-j111tx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I have exactly the same issue as 13 pages of complaints over two years demonstrate in the existing thread link below.

I seemingly can't contribute to that thread directly so has it been closed off to replies or have I missed a reply button somewhere on the screen??? Not easy to navigate imo.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Left-Hinge-of-an-HP-Envy-17-Not...

So my left hinge has been popping the bottom cover for as long as I can remember. I used to just pop the cover back into place and hold it carefully when opening the lid but now it won't stay in place so I googled the problem, lo and behold finding this forum.

What is the fix?

1 REPLY 1
Retired danny-r
Retired
8,251 7,081 141 473
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Left Hinge of an HP Envy 17 Notebook "Popping" Bottom Cover

@hellaant

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation