Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (246 Views)

Re: My Spectre x360 webcam looks really bad

Hi! My webcam also has a very very bad image quality! Does it have a cheap sensor?

Please help me finding the right driver for it! Ive got the Spectre x360 15-ap006ng

Cant find a special webcam driver.. :/

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 5 (227 Views)

Hey @MikeAT35, 

First and foremost, I want to welcome you to the HP Support Forums! Here at the forums, you have many community members that will help you toward a solution. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s), please click the Accept as Solution button to allow others to find the solution.  

I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 and issues with the WebCam quality.  Here is a link to check your settings in the WebCam. It has a section inside the document for Quality issues.

What program are you using?

Please try the troubleshooting above and let me know the answers to the questions asked above. Could you also please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

To simply say thanks for trying to help, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

I hope this helps! 

Thanks for joining the HP Support Community!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (223 Views)

I read everything coming with this link which has been already posted before.. No help at all.. It just seems the 360 has a very cheap and bad cmos sensor not able to properly work under less then best lighting conditions.. I've to admit it's the worst I've seen for years.. Lots of noise and grain.. That's a bit much putting such crap in a 1700.- € Hybrid.. As I could already read about that fact in many reviews, and because you will not be able to tell me it's because of a software issue which will be resolved, it's probably best to give it back an spread the word.. What a shame HP.. What a shame.. Did no engineer think of people who will use it for video conferences, or a quick picture?
Do your best to find out, whether there's a resolveable problem lying behind that bad quality or if it's just due to a very bad productdesign decision.. Br Mike
Retired
Message 4 of 5 (220 Views)

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Thanks.

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (218 Views)

Thanx for your quest for my problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation