Did you mean: 
Melinda108 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Plugged in, battery no charging - Envy x360

Can you please describe where you found a post that was bent.  I've taken my power plug apart at the connection just before the box.  I've looked with a flash light and don't see anything bent there.  Maybe that isn't my problem.  😞  Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,338 1,164 2,384
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Plugged in, battery no charging - Envy x360

Hi @Melinda108,

Thank you for stopping by the HP forums.  A Good day to you. 🙂  I understand that you are facing power issues with the computer with an error “plugged in not charging”,.It will be a pleasure to assist you. 🙂

Great effort, brilliant description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

First off, we need to isolate the issue to correctly to being hardware or software related.

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you try to unplug the charger and check if the battery holds any charge?
  • Did you try to update the bios?
  • Did this happen after a windows or software update? Do you remember?
  • Did you test the AC adapter?
  • Please let me know the complete model# or product# of the unit.

For a start, Please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00259897 Please remember to test and claibrate the battery also.

Additionally, I also suggest following the steps below re-install the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery:

Step 1. Go to Device Manager
Step 2. Select Batteries
Step 3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 4. Click Uninstall
Step 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
Step 6. Shutdown the computer
Step 7: Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in

When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

Step 8. Go to Device Manager
Step 9. Select Batteries
Step 10. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your response.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation