Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I had the same issue a last week. My computer stopped charging and gave me a low-battery warning. Then I saw a small flash by the screen hinge and it emitted an electrical burning smell and would not respond. I tried swapping AC adapters, a hard reset, but that didn't work. I was able to open it up and could see where it burnt. This seems to be a common problem based on posts found in these forums.

Model: Spectre x360 13t-4000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@allthedredge

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@allthedredge

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Yes, same issue, been waiting for months and nothing from HP, try multiple times and the best they can do is charging me $400 to $500 to replace the motherboard.  Agin this is like Samsung Note 7, it has not exploded just burn but HP doesn't want to acknowledge that is a bad manufacturing design. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting this issue as I have just had the same issue. Warranty has just expired, laptop won’t charge or turn on. Back removed after smelling burning. Burns and melting on the motherboard. Why is this such a common occurrence?! Very, very dependent on my laptop and this is causing me no end of issues. Would appreciate feedback of next steps to take and how to get this issue fixed. Happy to send photos of issue.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.