Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncaptiva Student
Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Stylus compatibility with new 2017 HP spectre x360?

Can you update us on what happened with this?  HP has screwed SO many people out of the pen it's unreal.  My boyfriend's Spectre x360 came with a broken pen (the spring) that no one ever replaced.  He was expected to jump through a thousand hoops and HP was utterly useless in the process, as was the seller (Best Buy!  Not some dude on the street... freakin' Best Buy).  No one seemed to know how to get their hands on a single pen independently from the laptops they come with.  So, he's stuck with a broken, useless pen for an overpriced laptop that is overpriced largely BECAUSE OF THE PEN.  

My HP Spectre x360 didn't even come with one (but was advertised with one of course), which left us infuriated after what we went through with his.  And, sure enough, the supplier couldn't manage to get me a freaking pen, and HP is again completely useless.  This particular supplier was royally screwed over by this & it had a hugely negative impact on his business.  

**bleep** is going on HP?  Why can't customers OR suppliers get their hands on the COMPATIBLE pen for this freaking laptop?  We ended up buying a $40 active stylus that also doesn't work with this stupid laptop. WHY?  Why shoudln't ANY active stylus work with this monumentally overpriced pc???  

HP owes us two pens as far as I'm concerned, and the consistency of these exact complaints that I've seen all over the internet, along with two big suppliers AND getting the runaround that HP constantly gives everyone, the whole thing has come across shady, like a bait & switch.  

WHY are these pens SO heavily advertised and then impossible to obtain?  Who do I have to chase down to make this right for once? I'm over it, and I am done jumping through everyone's hoops. HP can do the right thing & provide the pens that were guaranteed with these laptops, period.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
tazzydemon Tutor
Tutor
17 16 0 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Stylus compatibility with new 2017 HP spectre x360?

I got caught by this too, thinking i would eventually be able to buy a pen and they ARE for sale as accessories - but there is a MASSIVE caveat.

Check your machine's part number:

If it is a Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w0xx (replace xx in my case with 23) then it will NEVER take a pen

if it is a  Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0xx then it is pen compatible.

"w"  versus "ac" prefix - "ac" can use a pen. Dont bother trying to get a pen if its a "w". It won't work.

Machines built from about October to February did not have the necessary screen. I have tried to see if I could upgrade mine and exchanged emails with HP but with no luck. This just might be my last HP.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation