Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: wifi light not turn orange to white

[ Edited ]

i have the same problem. I have re-installed drivers but drivers does not show up in device manager. after choosing show hidden devices it shows up but when checking its properties it shows device not connected (code 45). I am using 

HP 15-r065tu Notebook PC,  Model #:J8B81PA, Serial #:[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (84 Views)

Re: wifi light not turn orange to white

Hi @anks_1,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide.  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  Are you still running Windows 8.1?

I grasp that WiFi light will not turn from orange to white. You have tried downloading and installing the driver but they fail to install. When you checked Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes , checked properties you saw code 45 not connected.  Is this a recent occurrence?  Have you made any changes to your system prior to this event? ( software update, installed a new app, or hardware) Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the HP Support Assistant to aid with HP updates?  If  you check the BIOS is the network card seen? If the network card is seen please run a hardware test on it. You will have that option under components. HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8). If it is not seen, you could try reseating the network card.  HP 15 Notebook PC HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC Compaq 15 Notebook PC Compaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook P.... Please review chapter 6, page 61, WLAN module for removal instructions.  Please let me know the outcome.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs Up Icon”.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation