Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ac135ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Original:  Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

What is the corresponding part in parts.hp.com ?

Or, if it is not available at HP: who is a trusty external source for this WLAN-Adapter?
I bought a part via ebay, but they sent a wrong part.

Thx in advance for your hints,

Josef / b-757

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Notebook PC (Intel)HP 250 G4 Notebook PCHP 256 G4 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

The part number for the wifi card you need is:  792610-005

If you want to experiment, you may be able to upgrade to this model wifi card...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel 3165 cards listed on the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001.

This discussion shows that it is possible to install the above card in the 15-acxxx model series and it works...

Solved: WiFi Module for 5ghz - HP Support Community - 8104412

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Notebook PC (Intel)HP 250 G4 Notebook PCHP 256 G4 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

The part number for the wifi card you need is:  792610-005

If you want to experiment, you may be able to upgrade to this model wifi card...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel 3165 cards listed on the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001.

This discussion shows that it is possible to install the above card in the 15-acxxx model series and it works...

Solved: WiFi Module for 5ghz - HP Support Community - 8104412

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.