Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have been a fan of HP for many years now, beginning with HP Laptop 630. Then HP Envy X2, Two consecutive Envy x360 and now Spectre x360.

My recent Spectre purchase is a lightly used one from ebay and the seller stated it does not charge (it has to be connected to poor all the time to use it). It says charging but it remains 0% no matter how long you charge the laptop. I thought my experience as an IT consultant will make it a easy fix - boy I was wrong.

I have tried all I know, including some suggested online including holding down the power button for 60secs and unintalling/disabling the power driver. Nothing has worked. The more I search online the more I found the Spectre x360 model is plagued with diverse problems occasioned by poor design and QA.

Common trouble is while plugged in, battery not charging  or showing charging but not increasing beyound 0%, as well as motherboard needing replacement.

With this I believe HP will serve her customers better by issuing a recall on the spectre or offering support on this specific issues at no cost to users.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I like to inform the community that HP Support team reached out and the laptop has been fixed at no cost to me even though the warranty period is past by almost a year. I believe HP is listening.

I picked it up on Thursday. Hope this repair is permanent though. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ojchris37
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. yes I got some private follow up. Let's see how it goes

HP Recommended

I like to inform the community that HP Support team reached out and the laptop has been fixed at no cost to me even though the warranty period is past by almost a year. I believe HP is listening.

I picked it up on Thursday. Hope this repair is permanent though. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.