Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-w102nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After running the hard disk DST short test i received the following 24 digit failure code. Q0C37H-7SS9NX-GXGJLK-60XU03. My laptop model is hp 15-w102nx. KIndly if anyone can identify this issue and tell its solution.

Thankyou.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your understanding is correct. 

It is going to fail.

When it is going to fail is not known, so save your data  and replace the hard disk before your data  disappears forever.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code reported, Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure, means the hard drive needs to be replaced, and the operating system reinstalled.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook. The HDD R & R procedure can be found in chapter 5.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763031

You may want to consider purchasing a better performing, normally more reliable 2.5" solid state drive (SSD).

You can reinstall W10 by using the Media Creation Tool at the link below and create a bootable USB flash drive installer.

You will need an 8 GB flash drive for that.

After W10 installs, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-w100-x360-convertible-pc/8499294/model/9...

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help Paul. I just want to ask one more thing. Although my laptop shows the failure code in hard disk DST short test, but my PC is still working and the windows is fine.  The only issue is that windows take more time to boot and restart. What I understand from your reply is that my hard disk is faulty and could crash in future so it needs to be replaced soon. If thats the case kindly confirm so that I can proceed.

Thankyou

HP Recommended

Your understanding is correct. 

It is going to fail.

When it is going to fail is not known, so save your data  and replace the hard disk before your data  disappears forever.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What Erico wrote...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.