Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch055na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically, before I made the change, my core temperatures usually hovered around the 40C (104F) mark when using under a low load. I decided to check the temperatures a few days after I made the change and, to my surprise, it was at around 65–70C (150F) and the fans still hadn’t turned themselves on (they only did when the temperature got a bit higher). Now I’m worried if I’ve caused irreversible damage to my unit due to the excess heat that has been lingering around for the past few days. I'm aware that this temperature is within an acceptable range, but does the fact that its been at this temperature consecutively for a long while make any difference to the damage caused? Is it normal for the temperature to be this high without the fan turning itself on, or is it likely that my sensors are faulty? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@qwerty29 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with overheating.

Please do not turn on the fan.

If the computer idles getting 65-degree that is normal. 

Please refer to the below link to Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01657439

Also, update the BIOS and check.

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Good luck.

HP Recommended

Can I ask why did u turn them off? Is it prevent the loud noise ?

HP Recommended

@Shayff

I think fan function is a failure.

Have you tried updating the BIOS and checked?

If you have not updated the BIOS, please update the BIOS.

After updating BIOS, if you still face the fan issue. Please contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.