Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion - 15-au109na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, a screw fell out a few months back and has since caused my laptop to crack near and around the power button. It is slowly getting worse, every time I close the laptop the hinge pulls on the crack so I would like to get a repair which I am happy to pay for as my laptop is out of warrranty.

Could someone please advise me on how I can go about doing this and the approximate costs of it.

Cp121032028_352828729400491_7629830436144235307_n.jpg121009002_1237390726634837_2709620311809611967_n.jpg 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@aaronadek 

The screw was a symptom - the problem will continue to worsen, in fact.

Best to keep your backups current - if the condition deteriorates to the point where the computer stops working, it will be too late to backtrack.  At the least, back up your most critical data where you can access it in case of need.  Options might include a USB drive, Cloud storage, a remote disk, even email - select a location Not on the computer for your backups, of course.

The repair cost is NOT something we can estimate - we are not HP Support.

Whether or  not HP will accept this type of out-of-warranty repair is not something we can know.

That said, we CAN forward a request for review to see what can be done.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.