Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
spectre

Stationed in Germany and need instructions for sending laptop for HP repair for 3 issues: problems starting up, sensitive to movement which results in freezing, and camera defect. How do I send for repair? Where do I send for repair? How long does it take? How much does it cost? … THANKS! Tim

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Can we have the full model number? If the laptop is no longer in warranty I advise against sending it to HP. 1. It will be very hard to arrange that; and, 2. it will be very expensive. You can likely find a local computer repair shop particularly near a military base and we can help with DIY repairs. The freezing on movement is a particularly ominous symptom and very hard to diagnose and repair. 

HP Recommended

Thank You! It’s no longer under warranty (SN: [edited] / PN: M6W84AV). I’ve taken to about 15 repair locations in the USA (MS, MO, and NY), and in Germany ... everyone says about the same, it’s a very expensive laptop and afraid to open it up ... send to HP. I’ve been trying to repair for about a year now (the freezing), and gave up on trying to repair the camera which never worked. At a loss. THANK YOU!  Tim

HP Recommended

13-4000 series. This model is snakebit. Bad motherboards that catch on fire. I very rarely give this advice but you are much better off with a new laptop than investing any money in that one. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.