1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace HDD to SSD

HP Envy 15-AE116TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I am planning to purchase HP Envy 15-AE116TX and upgrade the hard drive from HDD to SSD.

I will buy the SSD separately.  However, so as not to void the warranty, I should take it to HP service center and let them do the job.

My question is, how much should I pay for the service?

I have been calling HP service center hotline (02) 867-3551 and even the direct line to Makati service center (02) 888-6100 but nobody dared to pick up the phone.

Is this the kind of after sales service that HP offers?

Anyways, I am willing to go to service center but I would like to know exactly how much they will charge me.  And I have to make sure that it won't void the warranty of the laptop.

Hoping for your immediate response.

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace HDD to SSD

Hi @Barbie17,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you have question about upgradeing the hard drive. I will be glad to help you.

I do not have a price list for repair or replacement cost. but you can order a Hybird drive from HP that has been tested with this computer. 1.0 TB, 5400 rpm + 8 GB NAND hybrid, 9.5 mm part # 731999-005 is a 8 GB SSD and a 1.TB drive in one device.  This is good for your computer as only one connection port.

You can then repace the drive your self, referring to page 55 of the Maintenance and Service Guide.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37392 5653 9760
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace HDD to SSD

The hybrid drive is not an SSD. Yes, you can install a true SSD, but HP has never 100% clarified whether doing so will void the warranty. The best we can figure is that the warranty will be OK if there is no damage done. On this model access is through the bottom panel, which is only modestly difficult to do. Page 55 does show how to replace the hard drive with an SSD. You will save lots of money doing this yourself. I do know that HP Service Centers will not install third party hardware. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace HDD to SSD

@Barbie17,

a hybrid drive (also known by the initialism SSHD[a]) is a logical or physical storage device that combines NAND flash solid-state drive (SSD) with hard disk drive (HDD) technology

Please keep me informed how things went.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation