4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Replace SSD

HP Pavilion 14-ba094sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have had this laptop for about a year now. I purchased it second hand. I've already had the RAM upgraded, but now I need to install a new SSD as the current is only 128GB, and I need to install a number of virtual machines on the device. I have purchased an SSD from Mr Memory (https://www.mrmemory.co.uk/ssd-upgrades/hp/pavilion-notebook/14-ba094sa-x360) and that is due for delivery in the next couple of days. I have looked online at some videos and tech manuals for replacing the drive, but every video and spec that I have found seem to be for HDD, whereas I have ordered a 1TB M.2 SATA. Are there any links to where on the motherboard the SSD is?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
77,436 76,848 9,434 20,414
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Replace SSD

@Darth-Kane 

For Pavilion 14-ba0xx machines, please use (from) page 45 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06172090.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Darth-Kane Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Replace SSD

Legend mate. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Darth-Kane Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Replace SSD

Just an FYI, that particular manual is wrong.  The SSD is actually on the underside of the motherboard.  A heck of a lot more fiddley, but I go it replaced, and it was successful, as I am typing on said machine now....  although the speakers no longer work, lol.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation