Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1009nl
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello. I have a OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc1009NL; product ID 6LL25EA#ABZ
Currently it has wifi card Intel AC9560 and I want to replace it with a different one (better wifi connetion speed like wifi 6 or wifi 6e).

I haven't find any information about the possibility to upgrate it with the following intel wifi card:

1 Intel AX200

2 Intel AX210

If someone could please help me with this I would be so grateful.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any posts where someone tried to upgrade the Wi-Fi adapter in the 15-dc1xxx model series.

If you want to experiment with either one of those model Wi-Fi cards, they should have a good chance of working.

However, you need to make sure that you purchase the non-vPro model of either card.

Here is the part number for the AX200 non-vPro:

From chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual:

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax2 × 2 + Bluetooth 5 (non-vPro) (MU-MIMO supported) L35282-001

These may also work:

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

Intel AX210 Wi-Fi 6E 2x2 AX + Bluetooth 5.2 M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # M27269-005

You should be able to find either model card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the Wi-Fi card removal and replacement procedure.

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any posts where someone tried to upgrade the Wi-Fi adapter in the 15-dc1xxx model series.

If you want to experiment with either one of those model Wi-Fi cards, they should have a good chance of working.

However, you need to make sure that you purchase the non-vPro model of either card.

Here is the part number for the AX200 non-vPro:

From chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual:

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax2 × 2 + Bluetooth 5 (non-vPro) (MU-MIMO supported) L35282-001

These may also work:

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

Intel AX210 Wi-Fi 6E 2x2 AX + Bluetooth 5.2 M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # M27269-005

You should be able to find either model card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the Wi-Fi card removal and replacement procedure.

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

Hi:

just received and installed the new AX210 non V-Pro from amazon 

I can confirm it's work perfetly well (tested 5 and 6 Ghz wifi)

thanks for the support

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad the AX210 worked fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.