Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7

Hi, there! I hope you can help me with this, I don't know what else to do :(.

Base case: Laptop with default config: HDD + Win10 working perfectly. I wanted to add an SSD and install the OS there and keep the HDD for data storage.

I'll try to be short:

- Installed SSD + HDD, got Black Screen and couldn't even get the boot menu.. just LED backlight. Took out the SSD, everything normal. 

- Took out HDD and installed SDD again, got BIOS menu, it didn't recognize the USB stick with WIN10 installer.

- Disabled Safe Boot. Re-created the USB WIN10 installer to be GPT partitioned and be recognized by the UEFI boot option (there is no Legacy on the Boot menu).

- Installed Win10 perfectly on the SSD.

- Connected again the HDD (Win 10 installed there, nothing erased [maybe my bad here]). When starting the computer: Black Screen again.

- Disconnected SSD, booted WIN10 installer through the USB stick, formatted the HDD.

- Connected HDD+ SSD = Black screen.

Situation now:

- HDD + SSD = Black Screen.

- SSD = Black Screen. How? Why? How can I access the SSD now??

- HDD = Bios Screen.

+

When restarting with WIN key + B, The screen shows a text indicating the BIOS maybe corrupted and recomends re-installing it through a USB stick, downloading the latest one from an HP website.

Additional data: 

- Notebook: brand new HP 250 G7

- SSD: XPG SX6000 lite 128 GB

I'm willing to try anything. 

Thanks.

P.S: Images from the boot menu: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C7rqm8nQ-NZkfNlUHEkySewSPvLVmdJG?usp=sharing

Update: Tried the SDD on another laptop and Win10 boots perfectly.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Update:

• Updated BIOS to latest.
  • Wiped clean HDD. Wiped clean SSD. Both using using diskpart method.

Still can't use the laptop with the SSD plugged in. There is no way I can turn on the computer with the SSD in and access even the BIOS, even less to access the bootable USB stick.
If I take it out, it works perfectly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.