Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an101na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, original battery degraded recently with support assistant recommending replacement. Unable to source original HP part, so I found an alternative replacement. The first replacement battery was not recognised by HP Support Assistant other than % and charging status and the battery check returned No Battery (60). HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 1.6.6.0 passed the battery test when the AC charger is connected. However UEFI diagnostic tool 7.7.0.0 returned the blown fuse (42) error. I tried uninstalling the battery items from device manager, removing the battery and replacing etc, but no change. I've also update BIOS to F.14 but still no change.

I then assumed it must be a faulty battery, so ordered another one from a different supplier (Duracell) which appears to be of different manufacturer but is presenting exactly the same problems, which presumably indicates no fault with the battery. I have a spare AC charger, but using that makes no difference.

When the battery items are uninstalled from device manager, battery removed etc, on first reboot, the task tray battery icon animates as if charging for 10-20 seconds, but then becomes static again - not sure if this is significant.

Spent hours now searching for solutions, but nothing and getting desperate, so any advice would be most welcome.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jdb333

Welcome to the HP support community.

If you've got a failure ID along with the error - "Blown fuse (42)", and it looks like what you see in the below image, please talk to HP phone support to discuss your options to repair/replace the battery and they'll help you with the rest:

follow the below steps to get started:

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jdb333

Welcome to the HP support community.

If you've got a failure ID along with the error - "Blown fuse (42)", and it looks like what you see in the below image, please talk to HP phone support to discuss your options to repair/replace the battery and they'll help you with the rest:

follow the below steps to get started:

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I spoke to support yesterday, seems that there may be some damage to the charging port (which seems possible with recent usage) that may be the underlying cause, rather than the batteries - though the original battery had been degrading for some time.

HP Recommended

@jdb333

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.