Ross2425 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Replacement Battery

I have an HP Pavillion 360 laptop that I purchased in November of 2014.  Battery went out in July of 2016.  I ordered a new one from HP on Aug. 5, 2016.  I received an email on Aug. 24th that said I should receive it on or about Aug. 28th.  So, when it didn't arrived by today I called them.  They have no idea why it did not ship, and they tell me that it is on back order, and have no idea when it will.  Is it always this tough to get an overly expensive part from HP?  Is there another source besides HP for my battery?  Obviously, I am rapidly losing confidence in HP, so when I have to replace another of my computers or printers, I may have to look to another company entirely.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
35665 5315 9141
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

Replacement Battery

Where are you located (country)? There are lots of other places to get the battery, but if you buy from HP you usually get the best and freshest stock, but you do pay a premium price. If you live in the US, the battery can be found on amazon or ebay sold by sellers who actually make their living by providing satisfactory customer service. HP makes its profit by selling new hardware and services and replacement parts are at best a necessary sideline. 

0 Kudos
Ross2425 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

Replacement Battery

Thanks.  I tried Amazon using the battery number provided by HP, but I didn't find any.  Maybe I'll just Google the battery type and see what I find that way.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation